September 20, 2011

Love

This week bible study started again...Pursuing God's Love by Margaret Feinberg. I also finished the book, The Seventeen Second Miracle. I honestly haven't read a fiction book where it really makes you want to become a better person.

Both the book and bible study is about love. The study goes through Genesis reveling God's love for us unconditionally and the novel is about loving others even if it is only seventeen seconds at a time. At the grocery store this weekend, I found myself unintentionally looking around me at the faces of those shopping. I mean, really looking. How many times have I really needed help with a bag of groceries? Or needed that person to just hold the door open for me? Or to give me a smile instead of a scowl while my son threw a fit? This week I truly want to be the one that helps and not expects help from others. Maybe if there was more love shown to those around us, those around us would be more willing to love others.




Pursuing God's Love: Stories from the Book of Genesis from Margaret Feinberg on Vimeo.

It's not too late to join the 9 am Tuesday bible study!  Call the church office (503) 304-4000 for more details!

Written by Jen Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment